Hyundai Lease Return Center
Hyundai Car Lease Return Center Near Houston, TX
What happens when you return a leased car? If your Hyundai lease is coming to an end, you might be wondering about the return process. Fortunately, the process is generally straightforward, and you have a few different end-of-lease options to choose from based on your needs. We have a specialized team of finance experts who are happy to help you through every step of the process, including answering any questions you may have about returning a leased car.
How to Return a Leased Car at North Freeway Hyundai
Here are some of the benefits of returning your Hyundai lease to North Freeway Hyundai near Houston:
- No appointment is necessary! Just bring your car to our Hyundai Lease Return Center and let us know that your lease is up.
- Generally, the return process takes less than 15 minutes.
- After you return your car to us, we’ll contact Hyundai Financial to inform them that the vehicle is back in our dealership and no longer in your possession.
- Depending on the circumstances, we may be able to pick your car up directly from your house, rather than having you bring it by our dealership.
What to Bring When Returning Your Leased Vehicle
Before coming to the return center, make sure you have the following with you:
- Copy of your lease-end inspection, if possible
- Car keys
- Owner’s manual
- Anything else that came with the car, including spare tires, navigation discs, cargo covers, and more
Hyundai Lease Returns: Whare End-of-Lease Options Are Available?
When your Hyundai lease is up and you bring it by our Hyundai Lease Return Center, we’ll present you with a few different choices:
- You can buy out the lease if you want to keep your current vehicle.
- You can lease or purchase a new Hyundai from our inventory of new and pre-owned vehicles.
- You can upgrade to a new lease if you’ve enjoyed driving your Hyundai and would like to lease a newer model.
Hyundai Lease Returns: Potential Rewards & Fees
When returning a leased car, there are a couple of rewards – and fees – to be aware of:
- If you choose to upgrade to a new lease or finance a new Hyundai within 60 days of returning your lease, you’ll earn a Loyalty Reward of up to $900 to go towards any turn-in fees or excess wear and use charges.
- Any mileage on your odometer that exceeds the limit set in your lease agreement will cost $0.20 per mile.
- If you choose not to purchase your vehicle at the end of the lease, you’ll be liable for a turn-in fee, as discussed above.
- You must pay all taxes incurred during your lease term if you live in a state that charges personal property tax (PPT).
Hyundai Lease Returns: FAQs
Can I return my car to a non-Hyundai dealer?
No, when returning a leased car, you can only return to an authorized Hyundai dealership.
Can I return my leased car early?
This is called “early termination” and can result in significant fees or charges; talk to your specific dealership or lender for more details.
What charges can I be billed for after I return my leased vehicle?
You can still be liable for charges and fees that are related to excess wear and use, excess mileage, turn-in fees, past due or unpaid monthly payments, or any other unpaid fees, taxes, tolls, or violations.
How do I return my license plate when my lease is up?
If you are obligated to return your license plate to the state, you’ll do this at the end of your lease and fax the state receipt to Hyundai Financial (your dealership will give you more details). Otherwise, you’ll still be liable for any fees incurred on your vehicle, even though your lease is up.
What is a purchase option fee?
This is a predetermined fee that is added to the fixed cost of your vehicle if you choose to buy it out after your lease term is up.
Learn More About Returning Your Leased Car at North Freeway Hyundai
Have any questions about the lease return process? Feel free to contact North Freeway Hyundai at any time! We’re conveniently located near Houston if you want to stop by our dealership to talk to a finance expert in person. And if you’re looking for a new vehicle from our inventory after your lease is up, be sure to check out our selection of new Hyundai cars and SUVs.